Although no prior reading is required to attend and benefit the conference, for those attendees who would like to read materials that may prepare them for the three days of discussion and prayer on this topic CFN recommends the following resources.
1. Pope Pius XII, Encyclical Letter Mediator Dei. Available free online. One conference will be dedicated to understanding this important encyclical on the Sacred Liturgy.
2. Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, The Mass of All Time. Available from Angelus Press. The first half of the book contains beautiful explanations of the Traditional Mass while the second part critiques the New Mass.
3. Cardinals Ottaviani and Bacci, A Brief Critical Study of the New Order of Mass. Available from Angelus Press. This concise critical study of the original Latin text of the New Mass was sent to Pope Paul VI prior to the introduction of the New Mass in a last ditch effort to dissuade the pope from spreading the New Mass throughout the Church. Its critique still holds true to this day.
4. Michael Davies, Pope Paul's New Mass. Available from Angelus Press. This book is the third book in Michael Davies classic trilogy (together with Cranmer’s Godly Order and Pope John’s Council). This volume traces the history of the creation and implimentation of the New Mass.
5. Father James F. Wathen, The Great Sacrilege. Available for purchase online. This is an early comprehensive critique of the New Mass (1971) by a priest who remained faithful to the Traditional Mass.